Sticky Release: Kiss Anime & Kiss Cartoon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

• Release: Kiss Anime & Kiss Cartoon

This section will be to announce the release of new episodes.

Addon ID: plugin.video.kissanime
      Addon Name: KissAnime
      Addon Version: 0.9.7
      Version Release Date: ??-??-????

Addon ID: plugin.video.kisscartoon
      Addon Name: KissCartoon
      Addon Version: 0.9.7
      Version Release Date: ??-??-????

Post was edited 1 time, last by HIGHWAY99 ().

• This is where you've been hiding :p LOL
      Hey Highway long time no see, hope your well.
      Don't worry I got your back and spread the word (went through all the links I ever made about kissanime and edited the post to redirect here) It shoudn't be long before everyone knows the new place for highway and his addons.
      btw great site and good to see you back again!
    • okay while I'm here I'll go ahead and ask. I tried asking before but not sure if you got my message.

Cna we have the option to display the warning "cloudflare protection..."
      It pops up on every link and annoying since the link still works but it takes longer. Also I'm sure everyone now knows that theres a protection layer at kissanime. Consider it for the next release? thanks
    • hello. Bit of a noob. Last night I got kissanime to work for the first time since getting my android box a month ago. But before that and today as well. Whenever I click on a link after selecting an anime. The addon freezes and doesn't work. I need to shut down kodi everytime.

Any advice is appreciated
    • There's a bit of a bug with Android version of things compared to pc for XBMC / Kodi, so things have to be handled differently. for time being (a while now) its usually as simple as context menu on the link and play url to bypass things and play them. there's another method but it got lost in an old forum thread that i no longer got access to.

Am down with the flu right now, so I haven't checked in most of the week. Will try to be on more after I get to feeling better.
    • Wouldn't hurt Bart, I'm simply blocked over there.

---

FYI, KissCartoon seems to be joining KissAnime behind CloudFlare. KC might need a 2nd click on things for the time being

---

Addon ID: plugin.video.kissanime
      Addon Name: KissAnime
      Addon Version: 0.9.8
      Version Release Date: 06-08-2015

Addon ID: plugin.video.kisscartoon
      Addon Name: KissCartoon
      Addon Version: 0.9.8
      Version Release Date: 06-08-2015

I've added the KA fix to KC for dealing with the having to do a 2nd clicking. things should be better now.
    • Oh man so happy I found you again! =D
      Hey highway, how do I get ahold of your repo? I don't see it in fusion anymore, do I need to download the zip? Btw, what's with the CF protection? It's been up forever and I think it messes with the cover art because more than half of them won't load anymore. Btw, what happened in the other forum?

Ps thanks for all your hard work you you put into your addons and all you do for the community. You da' man!
    • How to install my repo (wiki)

Has a few methods similar to fusion, besides the manual way with the zip.

I've got no idea whats been up with KA remaining behind CF protection for so awfully long. Worried about KC maybe doing the same, though it hasn't for all this time like KA was. So, it took longer to realize any issue(s) with the CF work-a-round means. It really messes with the usage of site artwork though. There's an option in the latest versions of each addon to hide the CF notification for those who dont like to turn off sound effects or simply don't want to see them.

As far as the other forum goes, I haven't even visit there for a while now. I found myself banned on that forum midst messages of the server being too busy. Doesn't do well over there to not abide by every single little order the tyrants in charge over there toss at people. Was really sick of how things worked there anyways. Too much devide and manipulate mindset by a couple people. Seen enough good friends come and go (pushed out). Those in charged seemed to have no care for loyalty or those that had helped the group and the community at large for years... even since before the start of that group under it's original name. They QQ about security, yet know little to nothing about it... pushing the worse of ways on people with horrible security leaks. They made people feel like inmates @ a prison. And was always stuck picking up the slack. The two in charge aren't even addon devs and seem to know little to no python coding. Never seemed like they really understood what was even possible at the times. The place was a monarchy by E*e*a*, leaving sh****n an hardly even seen, except to yell, rant, and lie about things he'd previously said (E*e too). So, all in all, it feels good to be done with them.

Got more free time now, while continuing to work on stuff as part of #TheProjects. We're on reddit and irc. I'm still on twitter and github as well. plenty of fusion-like locations, manual method and SuperRepo for people to find my repository. Now with this forum open as a cmomunity ran forum, there's no real reason to fear bans out of the blue for yourself or your users or having to deal with group-vs-group hatred and battles. There's now nothing that I had access to before that I don't still now, really. All that's missing is the negative OCD'ing rants and hell brought down on the group by those certain people. Way less headaches, stress, and so on these days. My inbox still gets spammed by E*e*a*, though. Some harassment just never ends.
    • I'm glad your feeling better highway, and thank you for the update, so much better without the pop up message.
      I hardly ever go on tvaddons anymore, it's lost its friendliness for me. The only thing that is making that site relevant right now is a few amazing addons genesis and super favourites. Your KA was the only other that I liked posting in. And this site has allot of potential, I really like it.

I might be a cynic but I have a hunch that kissanime staff are starting to fell like were a burden, can't really blame them since we're taking but giving back little, I do believe that part of their popularity is linked to this add-on though. This is just my opinion but have a look at this thread
      forum.kissanime.com/index.php?…e-you-guys-doing-it.4268/
      And the comment from the mod.
      Kissanime staff have been kind to let us coexist so far. And highway has been an angel for his determination and hard work to build the app :)

But highway I don't see any reason for kissanime to drop the cf protection ( I might be wrong). Since if your using it through a browser, it only affects you on first load then you have a cookie I believe or something that loads instantly. And in return kissanime protect themselves both in security and financially... Like I said I might be of base.

Anyway assuming they are primarily doing this to protect themselves against ddos protection and will for the foreseeable future keep on the cf protection layer, is there nothing you can do to have the artwork back on highway? The loading times are nothing, but the lack of artwork effects the use of the addon. This is the only thing lacking now to the once perfect anime add-on.

• P.s have you stated watching anime again? I recommended world trigger, amazing anime. Good to see you posting again
      • P.s.s highway, I don't think many users know where the official thread is so maybe add
      • For support visit add one.centre or something somewhere, just a thought

Post was edited 1 time, last by MediaPi ().

• @ MediaPi: There's a forum button that tries to launch the forum url for this thread to the platform's default browser. It's got the AC icon on it, but i forgot to make it say forum. There's the same thing for the irc chat applet and reddit page. Just posted a reply on that KA forum thread. It mostly looked ilke the mod was talking about apps in general, like android wise, though being a Pi, i'm not sure why app would be mentioned rather than regular programs. Even mine Kodi (XBMC) addons are not official. Even if they get permitted to some degree, used by some of them possibly, so on.... It's nothing to take any kind of offense to. They're good people over there at KissAnime.

@ All Users: It seems that the CloudFlare work-a-round is acting kind of flaking the past few days, not working at times, then suddenly working again. I'm guessing it must be something to do with the mathematics to come up with the required answer for CF... but I've yet to sort out what changes need made, so things might be a bit flaky at times for both K.A. and K.C.
    • Through use of metadata you can still get some cover-art and fanart/backdrops, however like you and issues100 has mentioned to me there is an issue with artwork from the site itself. This being due to CloudFlare which protects all artwork on the site as well. :cursing: I've thought about having them manually fetched and downloaded, which would take a bit much work and mean storing the images in a different location, and having to update things in the .db database file. So far I've mainly been waiting for the CF to be dropped by them, with any hope. However, that hope gets less and less as the months go by.

Sorry for not answering you sooner, issues100, you never seem to be there when i go to reply on irc. Thanks for the questions, though. For no reason would i suggest actually clearing your image cache, as that won't help and if anything would get rid of any old images that actually got downloaded.
    • HIGHWAY99 wrote:

Through use of metadata you can still get some cover-art and fanart/backdrops, however like you and issues100 has mentioned to me there is an issue with artwork from the site itself. This being due to CloudFlare which protects all artwork on the site as well. :cursing: I've thought about having them manually fetched and downloaded, which would take a bit much work and mean storing the images in a different location, and having to update things in the .db database file. So far I've mainly been waiting for the CF to be dropped by them, with any hope. However, that hope gets less and less as the months go by.

Sorry for not answering you sooner, issues100, you never seem to be there when i go to reply on irc. Thanks for the questions, though. For no reason would i suggest actually clearing your image cache, as that won't help and if anything would get rid of any old images that actually got downloaded.
      Just registered to ask this.

I downloaded the latest KissAnime Addon from the github but when I click on something that should show animes, like Most popular A-Z nothing shows... It's a bit strange and I was just wondering if this is only happening to me or if it could be fixed :) thanks
    • HIGHWAY99 wrote:

Through use of metadata you can still get some cover-art and fanart/backdrops, however like you and issues100 has mentioned to me there is an issue with artwork from the site itself. This being due to CloudFlare which protects all artwork on the site as well. :cursing: I've thought about having them manually fetched and downloaded, which would take a bit much work and mean storing the images in a different location, and having to update things in the .db database file. So far I've mainly been waiting for the CF to be dropped by them, with any hope. However, that hope gets less and less as the months go by.

I had a corruption in my install on the RPi so had to reinstall openelec and add the addons, so alot of the artwork is missing now. Yes the artwork that is fetched by TVDB gets seen, but not much there. If you notice on the KA site they seem to make the cloudflare a feature now lol. If they was going to get rid of the cloudflare thing, I sanely believe they would have done so by now, its been what 3 months?
      It's still good the way it is, but has definetly lost some shine without the artwork. maybe someone can ask kissanime if they will keep up the cloudflare thing up for much longer, if yes then might aswell start to look at other options like you sugggested, even if its at a slow pace :)